The Palm Springs Animal Shelter is the dog licensing agency for the City of Palm Springs. This is the only location you can purchase your dog’s license.
- It is a requirement to license your dog in the City of Palm Springs (Palm Springs Municipal Code 10.08.010).
- There is an exemption for visitors, but only for those staying less than 30 days (Palm Springs Municipal Code 10.08.020).
RABIES VACCINATION REQUIRED
To license your dog in Palm Springs, your dog must have a current rabies vaccination. If your dog is not current on his/her rabies vaccination please contact your own veterinarian or attend the Palm Springs Animal Shelter’s weekly low cost vaccination clinic. Please see the Vaccine Clinic page for more information.
TO LICENSE YOUR DOG IN PALM SPRINGS
The Palm Springs Animal Shelter now offers an online licensing option to purchase a dog license. Please note that you will need to provide electronic versions (PDF or photo) of the documents listed in the section below. For renewals, you will need your dog’s current license number (on your dog’s tag and on the renewal notice).
If you choose not to use the online licensing form, please call the Palm Springs Animal Shelter to schedule an appointment to purchase your dog’s license (760-416-5718).
Using either licensing method, we will provide you with a uniquely numbered tag for your dog’s collar and a license certificate for new licenses.
- A copy of your dog’s current rabies certificate (proof of rabies vaccination). This cannot be an invoice or receipt – the document must say “Rabies Certificate” or “Vaccination Certificate”.
- A copy of your dog’s spay/neuter certificate or other proof from a veterinarian (if your pet is spayed or neutered).
- A copy of your driver’s license if you are over 65 years old and wish to obtain a reduced fee dog license.
|License Fee||1 Year License||2 Year License||3 Year License|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog with a Senior Guardian (Over 65 Yrs)||$5||$10||$15|
|Unaltered (Not Spayed/Neutered) Dog||$50||$100||$150|
Please call the shelter with any questions or if you need assistance (760)416-5718.
SERVICE DOG LICENSES
To obtain a service dog license you must first license your dog as described above. Then please call the shelter (760-416-5718) x 805 to schedule an appointment to complete a service dog license application.