Our volunteer program is made up of dedicated volunteers who assist our staff in a variety of roles. Most assignments require a weekly recurring commitment of 2-3 hours.
If you are interested in learning more about our programs, and how you can best use your talents at PSAS please complete the steps below.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
STEP 2 – The onboarding process includes a background check for all volunteers 16 and older. You will be asked to provide the following as part of the onboarding:
- Government-issued identification
- Signed waivers
STEP 3 – Attend an orientation session and be assigned to the volunteer schedule.
For volunteers under 16: Volunteers ages 12 to 15 are welcome to apply but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also an approved volunteer. The parent/guardian must always accompany the minor while volunteering. An application is required for each volunteer. In addition, we cannot offer any assignment on an animal care team. The only assignment available will be on the Kitchen and Laundry team.
- Administrative Assistance
- Adoption Specialist
- Cat care and socialization
- CATIO cleaning and maintenance
- CATIO socialization and outcome support
- Community cats | Colony care and management
- Community cats | TNR clinic support
- Community cats | TNR trapping
- Community Outreach and Education
- Community Service – Academic or Court-Ordered
- Customer Service (including Concierge)
- Dog Behavior Team (puppies, small and big dogs)
- Dog Socialization (TLC Ambassadors)
- Dog Walking
- Event Support
- Faux Fur Ball 2024
- GardenCAT / YardCat placement
- Grant Writing
- Marketing | Photography and Videography
- Marketing | Social Media Content
- PetFood Bank
- Transport Team
- Veterinary Medical Services
OTHER VOLUNTEER POSITION TYPES
We accept court ordered community service volunteers. Court ordered volunteers are assigned to the Kitchen and Laundry team and wash dishes and do laundry, and general clean-up. To sign-up, follow the regular application steps and check “Court Ordered” on the application.
ACADEMIC COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEERS
We also offer academic community service and those assignments will be on our Kitchen and Laundry team. No animal care assignments are offered. To be considered, follow regular steps and check Academic Community Service as well as the number of hours and your due date. Applying early is essential!
760-416-5718 x 119