Our volunteer program is made up of dedicated volunteers who assist our staff in a variety of roles. Most assignments require a weekly recurring commitment of 2-3 hours.
If you are interested in learning more about our programs, and how you can best use your talents at PSAS please complete the steps below.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
STEP 2 – The onboarding process includes a background check for all volunteers 16 and older. You will be asked to provide the following as part of the onboarding:
- Government-issued identification
- Signed waivers
STEP 3 – Attend an orientation session and be assigned to the volunteer schedule.
For volunteers under 16: Volunteers ages 12 to 15 are welcome to apply but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also an approved volunteer. The parent/guardian must always accompany the minor while volunteering. An application is required for each volunteer.
- Dog Behavior Team (includes puppies, small and big dogs)
- Dog Socialization (TLC Ambassadors)
- Cat care and socialization
- Adoption Specialist
- Feral Cat Care (TNR Colony Management)
- Veterinary Medical Services
- Marketing | Photography and Videography
- Marketing | Social Media Content
- Administrative Assistance
- Community Outreach and Education
- Community Service – Academic or Court-Ordered
- Customer Service (including Concierge)
- Grant Writing
- Landscape Committee
- Transport Team
- Faux Fur Ball 2024
OTHER VOLUNTEER POSITION TYPES
We accept court ordered community service volunteers. Court ordered volunteers clean kennels, wash dishes and do laundry To sign-up, follow the regular application steps and check “Court Ordered” on the application.
760-416-5718 x 119