FOUND A PET?
DOGS REPORTED TO PSAS AS LOST
CATS REPORTED TO PSAS AS LOST
OTHER ANIMALS REPORTED TO PSAS AS LOST
TIPS TO HELP LOCATE A PET'S GUARDIAN
NOTIFY AND CHECK LOCAL SHELTERS
Palm Springs Animal Shelter:
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Coachella Valley Animal Campus:
Thousand Palms, CA 92276
- If the pet was found in or near Palm Springs, you may choose to relinquish the pet to the Palm Springs Animal Shelter. The Palm Springs Animal Shelter is an open admissions public shelter serving the city of Palm Springs. We take in all displaced animals throughout the city.
- If you would like to keep the pet while you look for the guardian, you still need to visit the shelter during operating hours with the pet so we can scan for a microchip, take a photo of the pet, and complete a Found Pet report.
Continue to check out the Palm Springs Lost Pets list (above) to see if your found pet has a Lost Pet Report on file at the shelter. Keep checking the list daily.
If you see your found pet on this list:
- Note the Animal Number and name.
- Call the shelter and ask to speak with our intake/pet retention coordinator to notify of a potential match.
- If the intake/pet retention coordinator confirms the potential match we will then arrange or help you arrange a reunion with the guardian.
Post signs: Make the signs bold, with key words in large type. A photo of the animal is a big help. Distribute flyers door-to-door in the neighborhood where the pet was found and post them at major intersections and along main streets. Scan the neighborhood for signs advertising a lost pet, in case the one you found is the same one.