Foster guardians help us ensure that every animal gets a successful start before adoption.
Some areas where fosters are needed:
- Neonatal (newborn) animals – bottle feeding
- Weaned animals who are too young for adoption
- Hospice care for elderly or dying animals
- Medical recovery for animals after treatment
- Socialization fosters for animals that need human interaction
HOW TO BECOME A FOSTER GUARDIAN
STEP 1 – Start our online application by creating a profile with Better Impact, our volunteer software, and complete the application.
STEP 2 – The onboarding process includes a background check for all volunteers 16 and older. You will be asked to provide the following as part of the onboarding:
- Government-issued identification
- Signed waivers
STEP 3 – After you attend an orientation session you will be assigned a foster animal.
If you have additional questions regarding our foster program please contact:
760-416-5718 x 114.