LOST YOUR PET?
DOGS BROUGHT TO PSAS AS STRAY OR REPORTED AS FOUND
CATS BROUGHT TO PSAS AS STRAY OR REPORTED AS FOUND
OTHER ANIMALS BROUGHT TO PSAS AS STRAY OR REPORTED AS FOUND
RECOVERING YOUR PET FROM PSAS
If your pet is found at the Palm Springs Animal Shelter, please contact the shelter’s intake department for information on how to recover your pet.
- Phone: 760-416-5718 x 605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To recover your pet:
- We will require proof of ownership of your pet
- You will be assessed fees to help cover cost of care of your pet during their stay at the shelter. The schedule of fees is below.
|Fee Type||Cats||Dogs||Other Species|
|Boarding Fees (adult pets)||$10 per night||$10 per night||$10 per night|
|Boarding Fees (puppies/kittens)||$20 per night||$20 per night||$20 per night|
|License Fees||N/A||$25 (1 yr)|
$40 (2 yrs)
$55 (3 yrs)
$100 per year (unaltered)
|License Fees (for low-income guardians)||N/A||$10 per year|
$100 per year (unaltered)
TIPS ON LOCATING A LOST PET
1. NOTIFY AND CHECK LOCAL SHELTERS
Call or visit the Palm Springs Animal Shelter if your pet was lost in or very near Palm Springs and/or the Coachella Valley Animal Campus (CVAC) if lost in another Coachella Valley city. Call or visit the shelter daily as it can take several days to weeks for a pet to end up in a shelter. Looking in person is the best way to ensure you are reunited with your pet.
Palm Springs Animal Shelter:
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Coachella Valley Animal Campus:
Thousand Palms, CA 92276
If you see your lost pet on this list:
- Note the Animal Number and name we have given the pet.
- Call the Palm Springs Animal Shelter and ask to speak with our intake/pet retention coordinator as the pet may not be in the shelter but instead with the finder.
- If the intake/pet retention coordinator confirms the pet is in our shelter, please set up an appointment to visit our shelter during operating hours.
- Bring with you proof of guardianship of the pet (pet photos, vet records, tags, microchip number, license, etc.) and your valid driver’s license or government issued ID.
- Please be aware that there may be fees associated with the care provided during your pet’s stay at PSAS.
2. NOTIFY YOUR PET’S MICROCHIP COMPANY
3. OTHER SUGGESTIONS
Visit the PetCo Love Lost site.
Post signs: Make the signs bold, with key words in large type. A photo of the animal is a big help. Distribute flyers door-to-door in the neighborhood where the pet was lost and post them at major intersections and along main streets. Scan the neighborhood for signs advertising a found pet, in case the one you lost is the same one.
For lost cats, consider renting a humane trap as many displaced cats have not gone far from their homes. You can rent a trap from the Palm Springs Animal Shelter for a $65 refundable deposit.
Visit www.missingpetpartnership.org for specific strategies on how to find lost cats and lost dogs.