COMMUNITY CAT DETERRENTS
TNR IS APPROVED AND SUPPORTED BY OUR CITY
- Scatter fresh orange and lemon peels, spray citrus-scented fragrances
- Spread citronella oil, lavender oil, lemongrass oil, or eucalyptus oil
- Add coffee grounds to your garden
- Plant the rue herb (Ruta Graveolens) or scaredy cat coleus (Coleus Canina)
Additional cat deterrents can be purchased to provide more assurance:
- Feed on a schedule, in a quiet out-of-the-way place
- Maintain a clean outside litter box
- Grow cat nip, cat mint, or barley grass
- Add a cozy cat house or two. For ideas see Alley Cat Allies.
Call the TNR Hotline, 760-820-2281 with questions, concerns, or for assistance. Or email us TNR@PSAnimalShelter.org.
Responses may take 1-2 days. Immediate cat rescue issues should be directed to Palm Springs Animal Control via Palm Springs Police Department at: 760 327-1441.