SURRENDERING A PET.
If you have come to the decision that you cannot keep your pet, please call Palm Springs Animal Shelter’s Intake Department to discuss potential options/alternatives to surrendering your pet to the shelter.
Phone: 760-416-5718 x 605
If you must surrender your pet:
- Palm Springs Animal Shelter can only accept pets owned by residents of the City of Palm Springs
- You must make an appointment with the intake department to surrender your pet (contact info above)
- We will require proof of Palm Springs residency
- There is a surrender fee of $40 for dogs and $30 for cats to help offset the cost of care during their stay at the shelter
- Please bring any veterinary records or proof of pet ownership with you to your surrender appointment